The instructions below demonstrate how to add your emails to the Android Gmail app. Please note that these instructions use Android Nougat (V7.0), Older and newer versions may differ slightly. If you have never used the outlook app before, please start at step 4.
First open the Outlook app on your android device. Once it has opened, click the ‘cog’ in the top right of the screen.
You will then be taken the the settings screen, click the ‘ADD ACCOUNT’ button.
Two options will appear at the bottom of the screen:
- Add an email account
- Add a storage account
You will need to click option 1 ‘Add a storage account’.
You will then be asked to enter your email address. Enter your email address in the box and press continue.
You will then be prompted to choose an account type. Under the advanced section choose ‘IMAP’.
You will then be asked for your account settings
- Email Address This is your email address
- Display Name This is your name, please note that this is displayed to the recipient when you send an email.
- Description Please enter a description of your choice here.
- IMAP Incoming Mail Server This is mail.yourwebsitename.com, replacing yourwebsitename.com with your website name.
- IMAP Username This is your email address.
- IMAP Password This is your password.
If you then scroll down, you will then be presented with more settings
- IMAP Outgoing Mail Server This is mail.yourwebsitename.com, replacing yourwebsitename.com with your website name.
- SMTP Username This is your email address.
- SMPT Password This is your password.
Once you have entered all of the settings, click the ‘tick’ button in the top right corner.
The setup is now complete, press ‘skip’ to finish the process.